Here are some updates of what's been going on behind the scenes at Holly House:
|Lots of dolls to dress still!|
- The event location used the past 3 years is no longer available to us, so a new one has been secured. A team of volunteers is going to look at it on June 15th to ponder logistics and new challenges with a new location.
- Our new website is close to launching (it will link up to this blog).
- We are close to submitting all of the paperwork for becoming an official 501(c)(3) and will no longer need a fiscal sponsor.
- We are scheduling another Dress the Cabbage Patch Doll party soon- we are still looking for doll accessories (see link for details)!
- 3 grants have been submitted, with more in the works. GRANT WRITERS are needed!
- Partnered with Clothes For Kids to maximize the influence of both of our organizations - we both serve the same student population in the Edmonds School District.
|New toys ready for new homes|
- Mountlake Terrace Senior Center donation bin is half full. Thank you! Donations accepted year round here and at Armadillo Storage.
- Conducting Board Member interviews. If you would like to interview for the Board or think you know someone who would be a great board member, please contact us!
- Fall Fundraiser determined - Save the date! Dine at Macaroni Grill Alderwood - September 23rd. More details to come.
- Accepted an invitation to have a booth at the Mountlake Terrace National Night Out, Tuesday August 4th, 6-9pm. (See calendar here for more information). We will also be holding a sock and underwear drive at this event.
Many things still need YOUR help! Please contact Pam if there is something that fits your skill set.
|Donations for teens needed|
- Grant writers - we rely 100% on donations and grants to fund our work. The more grants we can apply for and receive, the more we can help our kids.
- Teen gift collection - our teens often do not have enough items at our event. We are putting a focus on seeking donations for this age group (art sets, cosmetics, sports equipment, headphones, gift cards, etc). Some of you pledged to purchase a new item for our teens every month as a New Year's Resolution - how is that going?
- Fall Fundraiser - a steady income is required to keep Holly House functioning. How can we meet our financial needs? Ideas and volunteer involvement are both still needed for this big task.
- Board Members - we are actively seeking Board Members who can bring experience, dedication, financial backers and planning, and enthusiasm to our team. Will you join us?
- Warehouse space is still desperately needed - does anyone have a contact to introduce us to?
That's the update from last month. Whew! What a lot to cram in to one month.
Thank you for your continued support. Our network of supporters has doubled over the last year!