Here's a look at what is going on this summer:
- Planning is commencing for our 2015 Fundraiser Gala event. If you'd like to be part of the planning committee, we would love your help! Our first meeting will be 7/23/14 - see Volunteer link for more details.
- Garage sale donations needed – Christmas, household, and kitchen items. By gathering items that might otherwise go to Goodwill or Salvation Army, we can provide (for free) our families 15-20 gently used items to help supplement their households.
- The Mountlake Terrace Senior Center knitting group is busy making scarves and hats for the children. We acquired some adorable hats for our Holly House kids and needed scarves to match. Thank you all for taking the time out of your knitting group to make sure the kids have matching hats and scarves this winter. They are adorable and the kids will be the "cats meow" when they wear them. Oops, I think I just dated myself...
|The Mountlake Terrace knitting group at work|
Here are some of our current volunteer opportunities. Also see the Volunteer page to learn more!
- We are still in need of a warehouse manager to help facilitate effective storage solutions for the donations we receive year-round.
- We are in need of volunteers to help sort/organize/pack/move donations
- We are in need of volunteers to pick up donations from collection bins throughout the year.
A big THANK YOU to:
Thank you to our volunteers who have helped us these past 7 months of 2014 already, we can't do it without you!
|Volunteers helping pick up the shoe donation|
|Work party with Target employees|
Thank you to Run to Win for donating sports camp scholarships for our kids. This camp provides a week of sports related activities, and our kids can go for FREE this summer!
There you have our summer update. We have many more activities and plans in the works, stay tuned! Please contact us if you are looking for ways to get involved - even a few hours can make a huge difference.
~ Pam Martinez, Executive Director