There is always a need for more hands and we can always use general volunteers!
Some of our opportunities require a little more dedication and a specific skill set. Others don't require any training or special skill, but the help is just as important. If you are interested in helping Holly House throughout the year, please take a look at our current needs below:
If you are interested in any of these positions, please contact Pam Martinez at email@example.com or call 425-673-0526.
Holly House Gala Director
Do you love to throw big theme parties where people dress up and spend lots of money? Where the laughter and fun never quits? Where people leave wishing the next Holly House Gala was right around the corner? Holly House is looking for a Gala Director for our yearly Holly House Gala'
Are you the one to lead us in these amazing events?
· Chair the yearly Holly House Gala Committee
· Assist and lead the Gala team in creating, organizing and implementing a fundraising strategy to help attain the Holly House fundraising goals for the Gala
· Planning and Preparation for the Gala
· Oversee the direction of the Gala from start to finish, including logistical support, planning, staffing, publicity, marketing, fundraising, ticket sales, auction, wine procurement, and the Day of Event management
· Create and monitor an event timeline– Timeline example available or use your own timeline
· Work with the Executive Director to create a budget for the Gala
· Oversee Gala expenses/overall budget
· Chair monthly/weekly Gala committee meetings
· Work closely with the various Gala committees
· Work with the Executive Director as needed
· Assist with and provide board members and team members a procurement idea sheet for the silent and live auction items
· Hold Gala committee members to the Gala timeline
· Oversee silent and live auction donations
· Oversee that all auction items are “auction ready” with bid sheets, complete data entry, and all corresponding paperwork
· Work with venue and other vendors on the production part of the event
“Day of Event” Duties
· Provide a “Day of Event” schedule - May have access to venue for 2 days
· Prepare the schedule of events that ensures efficient use of staff and volunteer time as well as keeping the Gala running smoothly
· Oversee the set-up, Gala and break down of event
· Provide a Day of Event timetable/speaker points for auctioneer
· Oversee the Holly House team and volunteers on duties throughout the event
· Oversee decorations, setup and food prep on the day of the event
· Oversee the registration committee and check out process
· Oversee data entry in Auction Tracker (either data entry done by you or volunteers that are supervised by you)
· Oversee getting auction info to bookkeeper
· Oversee sending out thank you letters to donors and bidders
· 2-3 year event planning Experience
· Have Management Skills
· A Copy of your resume
Warehouse/Distribution Center Acquisition Representative
Holly House needs a home. Help us find a home, a place where we can hold meetings, work parties and take potential donors and volunteers on tour to show them what an incredible operation Holly House is – An operation focused solely on meeting the needs of the low-income children in our community who deserve a chance to lead normal, healthy lives – who can be “just kids” instead of having to carry the weight of the world on their shoulders.
We are looking for a volunteer who can help find and negotiate the donation of a permanent warehouse and distribution space for Holly House.
Holly House is in need of a large warehouse space where we can store, throughout the year, all the gifts and necessities we collect for our 2,200 Holly House kids and also use as a distribution center for our kids during the annual Holly House event in December.
· Locate a 7-10 thousand square foot warehouse - must be in the Lynnwood/Edmonds/Mountlake Terrace Area.
· Lots of parking for the clients who come to Holly House to pick out gifts and necessities for their children in December
· Large enough for all the items we store for our 2,200 kids - New Socks, underwear, pajamas, hats, scarves, books, toys, stocking stuffers, dental supplies, blankets, etc
· Appropriate for work parties throughout the year
· Appropriate to serve as our distribution center during Holly House in December
· Good Security
· Running Water
· Kitchen – Optional but would be very helpful
· Easy access to unload trucks/vans as donations come in throughout the year
· Pallet unloading and pallet storage access
This will increase our ability to accept donations year-round, to accommodate all of the pallets of toys, stocking stuffers and pajamas we receive; eliminating the need to transport all of the donations for distribution every year and to be able to set up for the annual event in a timely manner. It will also give us a site to work with volunteers throughout the year and give tours and information to potential donors and sponsors.
· Real estate knowledge/contract negotiations helpful
· Short term solution may include securing additional donated smaller spaces
· This is a volunteer position
Where you the top Girl Scout cookie seller in your troop? Did you sell the most candy bars during your grade school fundraiser? Where you the kid who joined the Booster club in High School and helped raise money for new band costumes or the sports team uniforms? Were you part of the Key Club and joined the PTA to help raise money for your kids? Is fundraising in your blood and you don’t even know it?
Become a fundraiser for Holly House!!
Fundraising plays an essential role in Holly House, whether it’s a donation of $20 a month or a $1,000 donation. We simply could not function without committed and innovative fundraisers. Help us increase the contributions of individuals and groups by building relationships and exploring new fundraising techniques and ideas.
· Help secure funding from companies, local businesses, corporations, individuals, friends, and family
· Do internet research for potential donors
· Find Donors committed to donating $20, $25, $50, $100 to Holly House monthly
· Find Holly House annual Sponsors who will donate $500, $1,000, $5,000 or more yearly
· Help organize fundraising events
· Find sponsors for the annual Holly House Gala
· Energetic, committed, outgoing
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Strong relationship building skills
· Good written and verbal communication skills
· A professional and friendly telephone manner
· Good listening skills
· Available by phone and Internet
· Ability to present to local businesses, service organizations, churches, women’s groups etc
· Previous fundraising experience would be a bonus
· Ability to work on own initiative
· Copy of your resume
· 2 paragraphs why you would like to be a Holly House Fundraiser
· This is a volunteer position
Holly House needs someone to keep track of the financial aspects of running a non-profit.
· Maintain financial information in QuickBooks online
· Send out donation statements
· Produce regular and requested reports from QuickBooks
· Track PayPal giving
· File financial and other paperwork regularly at headquarters
· This is a volunteer position
· Bookkeeping experience, preferably with a non-profit, but not necessary
· Familiarity with QuickBooks
Estimated Time Commitment:
Average of six (5) hours per month